Sales Consultant and Administrator for African Horse Safaris
African Horse Safaris offers the largest portfolio of expertly guided and unique horse experiences across the African continent. We specialises in horse travel across Africa, offering world-class riding experiences ranging from 3 to 10 nights in 12 different African Countries. While our focus will always be horse riding, we also create bespoke, multi-destination holidays across Africa.
We are seeking a full-time Sales Consultant to join our team. As the ideal candidate, you would need to have sales experience (preferably in travel) with an inquisitive mind, a passion for travel and a proactive inclination. As we have a niche target market, horse riding experience is a must – You will need to be able to relate to clients and share their passion. You’ll be responsible for the sales of several of our horse safari packages and lodges which are based across Africa. You will oversee the admin and executions involved in processing your client bookings from point of enquiry to completion of trip.
The position requires someone passionate about horses, travel and Africa. Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in sales, preferably with a travel background. Candidates should have a strong desire to succeed and exceed targets and deliver a professional service to all our customers.
While this will be primarily a sales role, we are a very dynamic company. You should be willing to be involved in all areas of the business – from working directly with clients to getting involved in marketing strategies.
The ability to work independently is highly important as the role will ideally be done from a home office in Cape Town. However, we are open to working within South Africa.
***All candidates will need to be a resident or national of South Africa, although applicants from Zimbabwe would also be considered.***
Converting Sales Enquiries
- Quick and professional engagement with enquiries via email and social media channels
- Ability to guide clients in the sales process; identifying their needs, preferences and riding ability and finding the most suitable horse-riding holiday for them.
- Conduct the correct sales process to gain the highest conversion rate while ensuring a smooth and supported customer
- Initiating telephone/Skype calls, Whatsapp communication, followed with email to keep in touch with any potential bookings across the globe – Sometimes arranging calls after hours as we have many US clients
- Track enquiries efficiently, leaving all clients supported, engaged and fully prepared for their trip
- Continuously build your knowledge and keep up to date with news on your products so you are equipped to explain and describe the horse safaris to potential clients. This includes researching various destinations, logistics, weather, riding conditions etc.
- Ensure all your sales material is the up to date, the best caliber and illustration for your products
- Working together with sales and marketing team to generate new ideas to promote your products throughout the year
- Have a working understanding of social media and the contribution to your sales promotion
- Continue to be the point of contact for any further questions or issues that may arise
- Prepare the client for their trip – creating the right expectation, provide the necessary information and ensure all the right documents and information is in place before they travel
- Be on hand during travel to ensure clients have the best possible experience and handling any unforeseen issues
- Build a rapport with clients to ensure a positive relationship and possible future bookings
- Assisting the sales manager with processing the admin for all of their bookings
- Work as a team with African Horse Safaris employees and help cover work when colleagues are sick, on leave or out riding in the bush!
Marketing Assistance and Business Development
- Assisting from time to time with marketing tasks such as; writing content, social media campaigns, creating sales tools, website help if needed etc
- Assisting with brainstorming new ideas and developing marketing and growth strategies and timetables
Experience and skills
- Proven sales experience, preferably in the travel industry with a good background on travel in Africa
- A passion for horses and at least 3 years of riding experience is a must as this will allow you to relate to your clients and understand the intricacies of horse-riding holidays.
- Proficiency in English (written and speaking); knowledge of any additional languages is an advantage
- Good communication skills – both on the phone and by email
- Overall computer literacy with excellent knowledge of MS Excel and Google Sheets, One Drive, etc.
- The ability to work independently – candidates will need to be able to work remotely, have a reliable internet connection and be willing to work after hours if needed.
- An inquisitive mind and willingness to do self-study and learn about different destinations
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A passion for travel and Africa is a must – Personal travel experience in Africa is a bonus
- Strong people skills with the right approach to sell an experience rather than a product
- Good time management and the ability to follow up on numerous enquiries, while maintaining a personable approach and good customer service, even under pressure.
- The ability to resolve any problem that arises and willingness to help others.
- Personable and can create strong relationships with both clients and operators
- Experience in using social media to create interest and updates on our safaris
- Good content writing, creativity and interest in marketing
Base salary ZAR14000 with uncapped commission incentive
Please send CV and cover letters to [email protected]
Remember you MUST be a resident of South Africa or Zimbabwe to apply.